Saturday, April 9, 2011

Death, where is your sting?

So, this week I was worried. I had not been feeling well and it occurred to me that mother nature was running a bit behind for the month. I know, TMI, but I have a point!

 I was born with a defective uterus and, after carrying (miraculously) two babies, I was told that any future attempt would be 'catastrophic' and would likely end in my and the baby's departure from this world. During the cesarean for my second child the doctor told me that my uterus was so thin she could see his hair before she ever made an incision. If I had gone into labor or even picked up something the wrong way, it would have ruptured. I even lost my appendix a few weeks after he was born due to my uterus not expanding properly. He had cut off the blood flow. Looking back now, I am thankful that it had not ruptured while I was pregnant!  You see now why I would be concerned :)

After worrying for a few days I decided that no matter what I had to face, God was with me and I could trust Him with my life. So, I prayed again for His will to be completed in me, no matter what. I can happily report that I was not asked to test my faith any further...sheeew!!

Today I was looking back on all the ways He has protected me throughout my life. About four years ago, on the day before Thanksgiving, I learned that I have food allergies....the hard way.  I felt my throat itching and swelling and drove myself in a panic to the hospital. I did call my husband and tell him so he could meet me there, but the whole way there, there was only one person I wanted to talk to...Jesus! That was the scariest car ride I've ever had, but He was faithful to hear my prayers. In fact, not only did he get me there, but it took over an hour from my first sign of a reaction until I needed the EPI pen! Gotta say, out of all the ways you can leave this world, you DO NOT want to go out that way. I ended up having to stay over night and was lectured harshly about driving myself and not calling an ambulance. Not that that would matter next time, according to the doctor, I'd be dead before they'd even get to me.....scary thought.

Seems to me, when faced with the thought of dying, God is who you want. You want Him to hear you and save you. You beg for forgiveness and promise to live better. As I was pondering these things, I had a thought...if I would die with faith in God, then so much more should I want to LIVE with my faith fully in Him! I want to walk the path He has laid before me with confidence...and I can! It's easier when facing the thought death to reach out to Him in the hope that when you leave this world, He'll be merciful when you wake on the other side. When you're faced with death, no one else is with you. Your family may be close by, but you go through death on your own. There is only ONE friend that can comfort you in death. That friend is Jesus.

And if He is good enough for us to beg and cling to in scary times, then isn't He good enough to be served and glorified in our lives for the time he has given us here?! He is worthy of our praise. He is our redeemer, our saving grace. He is the breath that brought us to life and He'll be there to retrieve us when we give that breath up. Even if we deny Him, we are still partakers of the blessings He created. His sun shines even on the wicked, a reminder to us of His mercy. No other name in all of creation is above His name. Only He can humble the proud and empower the meek. There is no wisdom higher. There is no power greater. Nothing compares to the love of God......

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment