Sunday, February 6, 2011

Confidence

I don't have a faith issue, I have a confidence issue. I beat myself up over my shortcomings and in all the ways I feel I have let God down. This is a recent revelation for me and in my reading last night a verse stuck out that brought me comfort:

 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit shall remain: that whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name, He may give it to you. John 15:16 

I know Jesus was speaking to His disciples in this verse, but are we not His disciples as well? And if so does that mean He chose us to follow Him? Look at Paul, he was not searching for Jesus, but Jesus found him on the road to Damascus.

 Also, in Jeremiah 1:4 God told Jeremiah that he was ordained before he was even born. So, if this be true then has He not also given us the ability to do the things he has called us to do? And if He did call us then could we live without the fear of disappointing Him? Would we be able to focus more on our relationship with Him and fulfilling His purpose in our life if we were not so afraid of failing.

Paul says it best in Romans 8:30:

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

He goes on to say that because of this we can say if God be for us,who can be against us. He should be our confidence. He has already given us everything we need to serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment