Thursday, January 20, 2011

Square One....AGAIN!

So, it's been almost 2 weeks since I said that I was going to get up early everyday to have "God time" (bible study/prayer). Well, (as much as I hate to admit this) I haven't been able to get out of bed at 5:15 yet! How sad is that! Not ONE time! Of course it's been brought to my attention on multiple occassions this week through TV and church sermons. One speaker was even saying how that hour is the best part of their day! I am so disappointed. ugh!

Why is it that we can be so 'on fire' and commited until the time comes for us to make sacrafices. I mean, does that extra 30 minutes of sleep really make a big difference? HA! I bet it would make a bigger and more positive impact on my life if I would spend that time with God instead. How easily the knowledge flows now at 3:30 in the afternoon. I need to be reminded of this when I'm in my warm, cozy, bed at the crack of dawn! You know what the problem is? I am STILL fighting selfishness.....and it's winning!

 I'm not trying to sound so negative, I have been spending more time with Him and it has been so fulfilling! This morning thing has just been a bit harder than I thought it would be. I will not let myself get discouraged though! I know that I can do this......eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment