Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Learning to Serve

I have been looking for ways to serve God with my kids. We do shoe boxes with Samaritan's Purse and we sponsor kids through Compassion International (which is great for getting pen pals!), but I want them to have a real desire to help others and to serve God. I gotta tell you, God just blessed me. While writing this, my oldest son brought me an assignment he did at school before the holidays. It's a Dear Santa letter and I have to post it:


I can't even think of anything to say to that! My point was going to be that unless we expose our kids to those in need they won't understand why compassion is so important. Maybe they are more aware than I thought. haha. Still, I would like to find an organization that they could help serve others.

We have recently been blessed to find a church that seems to have the same desire to serve and love people for God. I am so excited to grow and be a part of their out reach ministry! I have been wanting to go with them and sing at different nursing homes in our area.....BUT I seem to always chicken out at the last minute. I really WANT to, but I really don't know any of them and I kinda let that keep me from going. That sounds so bad! You know what that is.....it's that selfish nature again! I'm too worried about getting out of my comfort zone to go be a witness. Well, I've just got to get over it and dive in. OK, so Thursday night. I will go. No matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment