Monday, January 17, 2011

Love of God

David is one of my favorite people in the bible. When I have questions about sin I look to the gospels. When I have questions about the church I look to Paul's letters. When I have a desire to worship God more, David is who I look to. He had such a love for God and though I am aware of his faults, I believe they are a testimony of how even the "most righteous" can fall if they take their focus off of God. He is to be exalted in our lives. This may seem daunting to some, but when you experience His presence you find that everything else becomes trivial in comparison. The love of God is immeasurable:

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
  And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
  And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
  Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
  Though stretched from sky to sky.

O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall for evermore endure
The saints' and angels' song.

Frederick M. Lehman; 1948


No comments:

Post a Comment