Sunday, January 9, 2011

Making Time

I don't like routines. I have never been a very organized/structured type of person. I think I drive my husband nuts with my inability to remember the mundane items on our daily to do list. I have come to accept that my talents lie elsewhere. I am the creative one that has to make a mess of things to truly be productive...to the complete dismay of my orderly husband. However, I am starting to realize that I need to plan time to be with  God.

Before I started working at the school I would stay up an hour or so after everyone else went to bed and be with God. I really enjoyed being able to pray and worship without distractions. I'm still able to read the Bible with the kids around, but when I start to pray or worship there always seems to be an interruption.

I really have a heart for worship. I not only desire to worship, I need to worship! The bible tells us that He inhabits the praise of His people and I can testify to it! Nothing compares to the presence of God! How I long to be in the throne room of heaven, surrounded by multitudes of those redeemed, all singing perfected praises to the only One who is worthy! This is what we were created to do. Unfortunately, it seems now that the only place that I have to praise Him in privacy has been in the CAR. Though I'm sure it's quite a funny sight for the other drivers, I have to say it's not as fulfilling. So, I have decided the only thing to do is to develop a routine........sigh.

My husband and I have decided to get up everyday at 5am (gasp!). This will give us time to read and pray as well as time to fellowship with each other. Then, when I come home from work I can worship/pray for 30 minutes before getting the boys from school. Isn't it sad that we have to schedule in time for the Creator of time itself! Pray for me as I may struggle through this at first. I am NOT a morning person!

No comments:

Post a Comment